Our Law Library
About Our Law Library
Charlotte School of Law Library is the research hub for the law school community. Our library holds the largest, most comprehensive law collection in western North Carolina, supporting our practice-ready curriculum.
Students use the library to hone the research techniques that will be the foundation of their practice of law. Faculty rely on the library to make available the information they need to produce first-rate scholarship. Attorneys, judges, and other legal professionals may use the library through our membership program, and pro se patrons referred from the 26th Judicial District Self-Serve Center and McDowell Street Center for family law can schedule appointments with a Charlotte School of Law librarian to gain access to the law library.
Students have access to a first-rate legal collection, through the library, which includes
- A library catalog allowing for extensive search options and additional assistance finding articles for online research
- Comprehensive study aid collection available in print
- Course reserve materials for all courses and professors
- State statues and case law for North Carolina, South Carolina and their contiguous states available in print and electronic formats, as well as North Carolina and South Carolina digests, encyclopedias, practice guides, and continuing legal education materials
- United States statutes, regulations and case law in print and electronic format, as well as access to additional state codes and case law available electronically
- Major treatises in banking and finance, UCC, constitutional law, education law, intellectual property, corporate and securities law, civil and criminal procedure, administrative law, e-commerce, and international law
- Over 200 law reviews and journals available in print and electronic format
- Full access to all of these online materials as well as additional electronic resources available to students from any location, using your library barcode for authentication
- A collection of legal themed fiction and movies as well as select popular videos and magazines, all available for browsing and checkout