Military Students The Admissions Team at Charlotte School of Law is dedicated to helping you navigate the application and acceptance process. All students to Charlotte School of Law take the same steps to apply. Military/veteran students should engage early with the school support team in admissions and financial aid to ensure that they receive the most value offered by the Military Champions Program.
Step 1. Create an AccountCreate an account at www.lsac.org.
Register for the Law School Admissions Test (LSAT). The LSAT must be taken within five years of the application date.
Step 2. Register
Register for CAS service.
Submit the necessary documents for CAS
Step 3. Submit
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Official college transcripts for all college coursework.
- Recommender evaluations (optional).
Complete your Charlotte School of Law application through www.lsac.org with required attachments:
Step 4. Complete the Application
- Personal Statement (one to three pages in length, double-spaced).
- If appropriate, a detailed written explanation of any academic action, past and pending legal charges and violations and any other disciplinary actions.
- Application Fee"?FREE for first-time applicants ($50 for re-applying applicants)
- Addendums containing other pertinent information you wish to disclose in order to give a complete picture of your potential as a law student.
Transition To Law School
The Military Champions Program provides support during the enrollment process and beyond for military student from faculty (former military), staff and other military students who are available to assist in transitioning from military life to law school.
The school's internal cross-team planning is integrated to ensure that admissions, financial aid and other campus professionals work in unison to support military students.
- Admissions Office: Crystal Ridgley, 704-808-8263
- Financial Aid Office: Ese Love, email@example.com, 704-808-4968
- LCSWA Health & Wellness Coordinator (veterans advocacy): Jeremy McCleery, firstname.lastname@example.org, 704-808-8023
Support with financial aid planning is available through the Charlotte Law Financial Aid Office team. The team is able to provide expertise in federally funded government loans, scholarships and an in-depth knowledge of the VA's GI Bill and Yellow Ribbon Program.