Beyond The Classroom
The Office of Student Engagement provides a diverse array of opportunities for students to continue their learning outside the classroom through a vibrant co-curricular campus community.
Office Of Student Engagement
To promote student engagement and further our mission pillar of "student outcome-centered," the Office of Student Engagement provides a diverse array of opportunities for students to continue their learning outside the classroom through a vibrant co-curricular campus community.
The functions of the Office of Student Engagement include:
- Serving as a liaison for students, faculty, administrators, and staff
- Communicate and implement the expectations of the Student Rights and Responsibilities Manual in relation to conduct and behavior
- Providing advice and counseling on academic and personal matters
- Advising and supporting the Student Bar Association, ABA Law Student Division, recognized student organizations, and their programming
- Coordinate and support the activities of the CharlotteLaw Ambassadors on and off-campus
- Facilitating communication with students through The CharlotteLaw Docket (student newsletter) and Town Halls
- Assisting with the design and implementation of programs and events, such as Orientation, Graduation, and awards and recognition
- Implement cultural, diversity, professionalism, and leadership programming
- Provide a range of wellness programming including mental health, fitness, and healthy lifestyle decisions
- Support student initiatives to serve the community, such as Stop Hunger Now and other traditional fundraisers and service projects
Health & Wellness
The mission of the Health & Wellness Center at Charlotte School of Law is to support and improve the wellbeing of the student body through personal coaching and counseling sessions, educational workshops, support groups, and other health and wellness related services.
We all encounter problems and challenges in our lives, and it is our hope that we can help support a student body culture of being proactive in asking for help at the onset of these difficulties. Seeking assistance should never feel shameful and is not a sign of weakness.
The Health & Wellness Center staff will support and encourage you, in practical and non-judgmental ways, to be the most effective law student and future professional that you can be. Whether it is improving your communication skills, helping you set healthy boundaries, or managing any personal conflicts you may be facing, we can help you gain the tools you need to be successful during your time here"¦and hopefully long after. We can also provide you with support when you're feeling overwhelmed, anxious, or depressed, or dealing with substance abuse or relationship issues.
This is a free and confidential service provided to all students Monday through Friday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm in Suite 631. It's also very easy to make an appointment. You can request a meeting time by emailing email@example.com, calling 704.808.8023, or visiting the office in person. The Health & Wellness Center will also have walk-in hours where no advance appointment is needed Wednesdays and Fridays 10:00 am - 12:00 pm.
December 2016 Commencement Exercises
Friday, December 16, 2016
CPCC Halton Theater